Tekad Mengukir Asa

Learning with 'Mengukir Asa' friends



Assalamu'alaikum wr.wb.
It's been a long time since I chatted with my friends from mengukirasa.id.

    Talking about mengukirasa.id, I remember the beginning of its formation. Mengukir Asa is a community that I created because of some problems that exist in the village where I live. At that time, I was chatting with parents, school teachers, Quran teachers, and several other residents in the village. There were many complaints from the community, especially teachers and parents where children were already in school but they were quite slow to grasp what was explained and taught both at school and in the neighborhood. 

    This challenged me as an educator who had just graduated and only had experience teaching children in the city and abroad. At first, I opened free lessons at home for children who wanted to learn calistung. However, many children wanted to join but they were too shy to come to my house. 

    Finally, I thought of another idea. How could I get the children to learn together with their friends? I went to the children's Quran teacher because the children in the village always studied at the teacher's house. Then, I asked the teacher for permission. Could I teach in the mushola or at the teacher's house?. Alhamdulillah, I was allowed to go to his house and teach the children. But there were conditions. I was asked not only to teach the lessons at school, but I had to teach Quran and Islam to the children. I agreed. 
    
    I was very happy to be given the opportunity to teach children and add positive energy to myself. In the beginning, I taught the children myself, starting with the Quran and Islamic studies, then taking turns teaching math, English, and other school subjects. Then the following days I managed to invite two teachers because it was quite overwhelming to teach the children alone.

    I made a schedule of teaching 3 times a week and it was held regularly until I had to leave to continue my master's studies in Bandung. Unfortunately, at the moment, only the Quran teacher is continuing the program but only to the extent of teaching the Quran and Islam. The other 2 teachers are also continuing their studies so we have not been able to join to teach them again. Hopefully, I will continue when we're finishing our studies.

For more stories, you can check our Instagram at the following link: Tekad Mengukir Asa

Thank you


Here some pics of "Mengukir Asa"









Comments